Date: 23rd-26th October 2018
Duration: 4 days
Juvela is the UK’s favourite provider of essential gluten free foods. The head office is based in Liverpool and has been established for over 25 years. They specialise in gluten free food and have developed a range over the years such as; bread, flour mixes, cereals, pure oats, pizza bases, pasta, crackers and biscuits. The range was developed to meet the special dietary requirements of people with coeliac condition. You can find Juvela stocked in pharmacies, Tescos and Morrisons. Website: www.juvela.co.uk
Juvela knew of CB Refrigeration Ltd from past projects completed within the bread industry. They asked CB Refrigeration Ltd to design a refrigeration service that would be able to deal with the vast amount of bread the company handles on a day-to-day basis. The aim was to design a system that allowed the bread to cool within two hours. It is essential the product is cooled within the two-hour period to reach handling temperature before being able to cut. CB Refrigeration Ltd tendered for the project and were the most expensive. After discussing the benefits of investing more into the cooling room, Juvela chose CB Refrigeration Ltd. As the cooling process is so important the cheapest options weren’t going to deliver the solution to benefit the business.
The solution involved designing a bespoke plant supporting two evaporators with high velocity fans which drive cool air through the space to ensure the bread is cooled within the two-hour time-frame. Plant materials were sourced from The Wolseley Group, who provided the custom build and necessary additions to give a well-engineered result.
- Developed an efficient cooling room.
- Throughput of 720 kilos of gluten free bread at 80 degrees plus to be brought down under 15 degrees within 2 hours.
- Delivered a high-end installation where the condensing unit was colour coded to have a seamless building colour throughout.
- Control panels installed that operate within 1-degree.
- Installed air streamers to the evaporators to drive up to 30% more airflow across the bread to allow it to cool quicker.
- The improved system allows an increase in quantity and faster bread production.
- The customer was extremely happy with the installation and how hard our engineers worked.
Why Use Us?
- Deliver value for money without compromise on quality.
- Highly experienced in bakery and bread cooling, where we understand service and installation and intricacies involved within the industry.
- Efficient project delivery achieving specified time-frames.
- Providing a full turn-key cooling solution for bakery manufacturing.